Monday, December 3, 2007

Ahh... December

December, december... I love and hate december! It's my month and in a couple of weeks, it'll be my birthday. Too many things to ponder on this month, though. First, its the last month of the year and I'm still figuring out if I was able to keep my resolutions for the year. Hmmm... What exactly did I plan to resolve this year? Well, i guess... to quit smoking for one, to be able to move out and have my own condo unit, to get a job, to find new friends, to find meaning in life and to better myself . Of those I said, I think I was able to do the last three in the last quarter of this year. Haay! Life! Growing up is such a pain in the butt! Anyway, on to the next...

Second, a lot has happened in my life this year. It has really been a roller-coaster ride. I had my share of ups-and-downs but I guess the most important is what I learned from those experiences. Life truly is a journey and the path that I chose to take seemed to lead me back to where I started thus, i am taking a different path this time. The only thing I am really happy about is with the people I encountered with the path I took. Some are superficial, some are partially close while a handful of them are true and those were the ones I chose to keep. Friends do come and go but the real ones stay behind no matter what. I do thank them for sticking with me through these trying times in my life....

Third and last, my family life has never been better this year. We may have our normal arguments and fights over who's right and wrong but all in all, everything is just as they should be. A lot of my friends have been commenting on how tight my family is and I am really proud of what I have but being in a tightly-knit family has its ups and downs also. For almost 28 years now, I have been living under my parents' roof and I am grateful for every single day that I spent with them. As I said, everything is just as where it should be for now but then again, I know that soon, I have to be on my own. I know, i know... I'm like almost 10 years overdue 'coz some of the people I know were by themselves already since they were like 18 but heck, its never too late to start, right? I know that whatever happens, my family will always be there for me, no matter what. I'm just proud that they took care of me and taught me well and now, I am ready to fly on my own.

1 comment:

Purps said...

Hey! Just keep this in mind. Whatever you do, wherever you go, nothing will change. We'll still be the BESTest friends ever! I am so thankful that you are my friend. You really are one of my treasures.

You know i dont have to remind you to just holler when you need me right? Lets just talk about it over a cup of Starbucks Latte (grande 2% 2 splenda no foam latte) hehehe!

HUgs!